Most of time you will ride on motorbikes with distances varying from 100 - 250km most of days. You will need fairly fit and good driving skill to overcome this challenge
- Awesome ride along Ho Chi Minh trail overland Vietnam
- Dirt, off the beaten tracks from Phnompenh to Siem reap
- Off the beaten track riding at Mai Chau, Tan Ky and in Kor Keh.
- Explore the top highlights of Vietnam and Cambodia
- Visit Phong Nha cave, DMZ area, Central Highland, Mekong, Phnompenh and Siem reap
Day 1: Arrival in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi city tour
Day 3: Hanoi – Mai Chau
Day 4: Mai Chau – Tan Ky.
Day 5: Tan Ky – Phong Nha.
Day 6: Phong Nha – Hue.
Day 7: Hue – Hoi An.
Day 8: Hoi An free time.
Day 9: Hoi An – Phuoc Son.
Day 10: Phuoc Son – Kon Tum.
Day 11: Kon Tum – Buon Me Thuot
Day 12: Buon Ma Thuot – Lak Lake – Dalat
Day 13: Da Lat – Sai Gon (Ho Chi Minh city)
Day 14: Sai Gon - Bavet (Moc Bai) – border crossing to Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Day 15: Phnom Penh – Kampong Thom
Day 16: Kampong Thom – Preah Khan
Day 17: Preah Khan – Siem Reap
Day 18: Siem Reap Tours
Day 19: Siem Reap – Koh Ker – Chhaeb
Day 20: Chhaeb – Thbeng Meanchey - Siem Reap
Day 21: Siem reap departure
- Semi-automatic gear Honda 125 CC in Vietnam and Honda XR 230CC in Cambodia
- Best Rated Hotel Accommodations
- Unlimited Mileage
- Helmets for the driver and passenger
- Daily breakfast
- Other meals as indicated in itinerary
- Homestay permission
- Professional English speaking tour leaders
- Water & Snacks on driving days
- First-aid kit
- National Park and other Entrance Fees
- Preparation and Orientation
- All taxes, fees, and environmental surcharges
- Mechanic and support truck as in indicated price option
- Travel insurance
- Visa process and stamp
- Transportation between hotel and location (restrictions may apply at certain locations)
- Gasoline average US$ 10 per day
- Personal motorbike protection gears
- Mechanic and support truck
- Bike Upgrade: Suzuki DRZ 400 CC
- Others not mentioned
THIS ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Duration: 21 days, 20 nights
Depart from: Hanoi (Vietnam) - End at: Siemreap (Cambodia)
When: Year round
Grade: Challenging see our grading guide
Transportation: Semi-automatic 125CC in Vietnam and Dirt bike 250CC in Cambodia
Accommodation: 16 nights at hotels/guest house and 4 nights homestay
Tour guide: English speaking guide
Support crew: support vehicle if requested
MEAL PLAN AND FOOD
HOMESTAY AND ACCOMMODATION
Home stay in villages is basic in term of bedding condition and amenities. Toilet is usually steps away from the house and in western style.
OUR MOTORCYCLING TOUR GUIDE
The tour will be led by one of our tour guides who are experienced in guiding motorcycling tours in Vietnam and Cambodia. He has been carefully selected and trained in this field and is fully licensed in tour guiding by the government. In addition, he has been trained in first-aid by SOS International and he knows how to deal with difficult situations. You will have a great time traveling with him.
THE MOTORCYCLING DAY
A typical motorcycle riding day starts at about 8.30 am after breakfast. Lunch times can vary depending on the distance. We aim to reach the next overnight stop by 4.30 or 5. During the riding we will have short breaks for rest, snack and photographing. Attentions for motorbiking in Cambodia is rather similar to ones in Vietnam that is high focused not only because of the road conditions but due to the lack of traffic attendant's awareness. You should stick with your group, follow our guide instructions and keep the right speed after him all the time.
THE MOTOR BIKES
On our trip we use the Honda (or Yamaha) 125 in Vietnam (semi-automatic gear) and 250CC in Cambodia which is perfectly suitable for the roads of Vietnam and Cambodia. Big engine motorbikes are available and up on request to upgrade. We can supply up to 600-700CC motorbikes.
The 1000CC up engines are not popular in Vietnam, Cambodia and often very expensive. Moreover, the traffic conditions make such "motor beasts" under its power and donot give you outstanding experience as expected.
Vietnam as well as Cambodia with various terrain and great scenery is an ideal place for adventure motorcycling. Although it is so fun and adventurous to ride, it is surely a challenge for any foreign rider since the traffic is so different from the rest of the world. In order to make it safer for you to travel with our motorcycling tours we include the support vehicle in Full Option for luggage transfer and emergency.
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- In Vietnam: We use Future Neo 2009 125CC by default. The reason is that the neat and very good design by Honda Vietnam is perfectly suitable for Vietnam road paths. The gear shift is changed easily and smoothly. This models can give you good experiences over almost motorcycling paths of Vietnam. Honda Future Neo is our choice in the quotation as its very affordable price, popular spare parts, easy-to-control even for motorcycling beginners
- Curb weight : 105 kg
- Overall length: 1890mm
- Overall width: 705mm
- Overall height: 1085 mm
- Wheel base: 1,240 mm
- Seat height : 767 mm
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.7l
- Engine oil capacity: 0.9 liter when dismantling machine; 0.7 liter when changing lubricant
- Engine type: Gasoline, 04-stroke, single, air-cooled
- Gear box: Mechanical, 4-step rotary system
- Starting system: Electric/kick starter
- In Cambodia: We use Honda XR 230CC in this quotation. The terrain in Cambodia is mostly mud and sand that requests bigger engine. The specs of this motor as follows:
- Displacement: 223.00 ccm (13.61 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
- Front tyre: 2.75-21
- Rear tyre: 120/80-12
- Front brakes: Single disc
- Rear brakes: Single disc
- Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 122.0 kg (269.0 pounds)
- Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Overall height: 1,110 mm (43.7 inches)
- Overall length: 2,080 mm (81.9 inches)
- Overall width: 825 mm (32.5 inches)
- Ground clearance: 245 mm (9.6 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1,336 mm (52.6 inches)
- Fuel capacity: 8.71 litres (2.30 gallons)
- Starter: Electric
- High Quality Helmets - Manufacturer: Vietnam: Injection-molded thermoplastic shell construction. Full-face helmet, provided in long motorbiking trips, offers maximum protection during off-road use. Half face helmet will be provided for traversing inside the city.
- Saddle bags (roughly 7 kg each side)
- Extra rucksack or bag strapped
- ATA first-aid kit: Available on any ATA trip
- If you pick the price option Incl. Mechanic and Support truck, we will supply:
- Support truck: Vietnam with various terrain and great scenery is an ideal place for adventure motorcycling. Although it is so fun and adventurous to ride in Vietnam it is surely a challenge for any foreign rider since the traffic is so different from the rest of the world. Moreover, we want everyone to enjoy their motorbiking experience on this trip and we recognize the importance of group members being allowed to ride at their own pace. At times there can be a fair distance between the front and rear riders in the group, with the support vehicle and tour leader out of sight. The support vehicle will pick up any group members who wish to take a break from motorcycling at any time.
- 01 professional mechanic along the motorbiking trip who greatly understand the technical issues and fix our motorbikes as manufacturer's requirements. That will maximize your safety and the duration of our motorbikes usages.
- Spare parts of the motorbike such as: Tyres, Pump, Plastic tyre levers, Brake cable, Gear cable etc.
- Original passport – compulsory, of course, you have to declare several times and always keep it in a safest place. Copying your passport for daily usages and putting the original one into a plastic bag is strongly recommended.
- Good quality helmet (your own helmet is recommended)
- Wellington/riding boots
- Waterproof gloves/ summer gloves
- Turtleneck shirts
- A pair of extra jeans
- Bandannas to cover your face
- Suitable, familiar shoes/ a pair of string back sandals or slippers.
- A small backpack with rain cover.
100% cotton, comfortable underwear (top/bottom).
100% cotton long-sleeved shirt, trousers (01 piece/day)
Sleeping clothes (top/bottom).
Several pairs of socks.
A waterproof pant and jacket.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Light rain coats.
- Toiletries – woman’s sanitary products.
- Common medicines in your personal first-aid kits. ATA has its own first-aid kit too including sticking band-aid, cotton wool, gauze pads, bandage, small scissor, some pain killer pills, etc.
- GoPro Camera – optional – to record details of your journey.
- GPS mobile phone with multi sockets – optional – to entertain and keep contacts with your family or fellow passengers.