Ba Be Lake is a Vietnam’s largest natural lake and the centerpiece of an extensive National Park. The park, richly forested, is limestone country, lakes, waterfalls, caves and unusual rock formations abound. The whole area is also homes to many ethnic minority communities. This tour offers you a fun combined adventure suitable for anyone at reasonable level of personal fitness. The highlights include kayaking on the lake, jungle trek and homestay
- Awesome jungle trek into natural environment to encounter wild creatures
- Paddling Ba Be Lake - the biggest natural lake in Vietnam
- Discover the wonder of rock formations from emeral water
- Quiet and untouched surroundings that give you real enjoyment
- Homestay at local house with warm hearted hosts
Brief ItineraryDay 1: Transfer to Ba Be National Park/Homestay
Day 2: Trekking/Paddling/Homestay
Day 3: Boat cruise and transfer back to Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be Lake – Po Lu Village
Ba Be Lake, the biggest natural lake in northern Vietnam and listed as Natural World Heritage site, is also called “Halong Bay on mountain”. We will have a stop enrout for refreshment in Thai Nguyen and pay a flash visit to Museum of ethnology to learn about different ethnic minorities in northern Vietnam. Keep driving to Ba Be Lake after a lunch in Bac Kan area. We take a short last drive of today to Po Lu village we check in our homestay. Tonight we will have dinner and overnight in local house.
Day 2: Kayaking to Puong Cave - Dau Dang Waterfall – Po Lu Village
Breakfast at homestay then have a short transfer to the kayaking point where you will start your kayaking day.
You paddle to Puong Cave, a huge natural tunnel through mountain. Continue to Dau Dang Waterfall where we will have a picnic lunch under a beautiful natural setting and the sound of water pouring down. Take time to enjoy the surrounding before sailing back to Ba Be Lake then ride back to Po Lu village in late afternoon. Dinner and stay overnight at homestay.
Day 3: Po Lu village – Hanoi
Breakfast at the homestay then say good bye to the warm-hearted, friendly hosts. We get on our van for the ride back to Hanoi. Stop on the way for lunch. Back to Hanoi in the late afternoon. Trip completes.
Transfer Ba Be – Hanoi: 240 km
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including weather conditions or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- Private AC vehicle
- Kayak equipments - see kayak type here
- Support boat along the kayaks
- Dry bags avail upon request
- Private English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Homestay at clean, basic conditions
- Homestay permission
- First-aid kit
- Water & Snacks
- Entrance and sightseeing fee
- Service charge and taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa process and stamp
- Personal expenses
- Personal protection gears
- Other not mentioned
Grading: Introductory see grading guide
This Tour Category FAQs
Could you please let me knwo if you have space available for a tour departing on Sunday, Oct 11 from Hanoi? Please let me know what time it departs and very importantly at what time it return to Hanoi so I can book a flight accordingly to Ho Chi Min city. Thanks.
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Hanoi – Po Lu – An Ma Island – Puong Cave - Dau Dang Waterfall – Po Lu - Babe - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi - Hai Phong - Cat Ba National Park - Viet Hai Village - Halong Bay - Lan Ha Bay - Ba Trai Dao beaches - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi – Po Lu Trekking - An Ma Island – Puong Cave - Dau Dang Waterfall - Hanoi