Top Exciting Vietnam Adventure Activities – a Day Go Around Hanoi CityHanoi is the capital of Vietnam, where you can immerse yourself in crowded streets, learn bargains with road vendors, or stroll into the Old Quarter's alleys. Hanoi warm lovingly is the place to write love songs of many young couples; You can not find other better destinations for your Vietnam adventure activities. Whether it is weekdays or weekend, the city is always busy all day, shops crowded and people are extremely friendly. Although tourists are dissonant in language, you do not have to worry about the hospitality and enthusiasm of the people here.
If you think these things is too good to be true in a city, take a day with me walking through the corners of Hanoi and adventure Vietnam in your way.
To go around Hanoi for a day in your Vietnam tours, I will be ahead of schedule for your reference, although not full it also helps you feel somewhat about life, people, and the sights of Hanoi city.
- 6h: You can walk around the hotel to find a Pho, Bun Cha to eat for your breakfast to have enough energy for your adventure activities. Then find a cafe or ice tea vendor to drink a glass of "Tra Bac" (North Tea) because it is good for digestion. It is a unique tea of this City and Vietnam. At first, you maybe don't like the taste of this tea but keep drinking; you will taste the sweetness and some nice flavor.
- 8h00: Depart from the hotel to visit Ho Chi Minh mausoleum (mausoleum closed on Monday and Friday). If you arrive in Hanoi on weekdays for your Vietnam adventure activities, you can go outside and take a photo and come back to visit One Pillar Pagoda instead. Note that you will have to send the car as well as registration to visit the mausoleum at the back door, Ngoc Ha Street.
- 9h30: Leave One Pillar Pagoda to Temple of Literature. It is about 1 km away so that you can go on your foot or get there by "Xe Om" - one of the most popular vehicle here. In case you can find the right way, you can ask people or guards for the guide.
- 10h30: Leave Van Mieu to visit Tran Quoc Pagoda and West Lake (about 4 km). The road at Temple of Literature is one-way so remember to pay attention if you go by car or motorbike on your Vietnam adventure.
- 12h00: After visiting Tran Quoc Pagoda and West Lake, you can find a "Pho Bo" or "Pho Cuon" in Truc Bach lake right next to Ho Tay. Don’t forget to eat ice cream at Tran Quoc Pagoda as the desserts or snack in your Vietnam adventure activities because it is the best ice-cream you must taste.
- 13h30: In the afternoon, you can visit Museum of Ethnology on Nguyen Van Huyen Street (Cau Giay district, about 8 km from the center). Here you can learn about all cultures of the peoples of Vietnam. The good chance to rasie your knowledge as do adventure activities in Vietnam.
- 15h00: Back to Hanoi center, go ahead to Hoan Kiem Lake. Send the motorbike and visit Ngoc Son Temple. Afterward, if you like to stroll, then you can walk around Hoan Kiem Lake and Old Quarter, visit every vendor to enjoy the unique food.
- 17h30: After visiting the main places of City, you come to the hotel to have bath and dinner. Take a break to charge in before the night activities.
- 20h00: In the evening you have some choices for your Vietnam adventure activities. Go to the Night Market if on weekends (from Friday to Sunday). The night market is quite crowded and selling souvenirs, miscellaneous items, most of the imported from China. Besides, there are some second-hand items; handmade items are also pretty. You can buy some souvenirs for your friends or relations here.
Pho Bo (Beef noodle) – Photo: Cross
Ho Chi Minh mausoleum – Photo: Milhena
Then visiting Tran Quoc Pagoda, an ancient pagoda in Hanoi. The distance from the Ho Chi Minh mausoleum to the pagoda is about 2.5 km. You can also choose to go to the pagoda before the mausoleum for your adventure trip.
Temple of Literature – Photo: Sinna
Museum of Ethnology – Photo: MrChan
Long Bien bridge – Photo: vsteel
Or you can cycle or drive a motorbike to Long Bien bridge, sitting, drink lemon tea on the bridge, watching Hanoi at night. Also, you can drink lemon tea on Pho Nha Tho cross Ly Quoc Su street.
Then come to your hotel and prepare to return busy life. I hope a day go around Hanoi city can bring you some inspirations for your work, and you can make some beautiful memories here.
Recommended & Reviewed by
Being a responsible eco tour operator is at the heart of what ACTIVETRAVEL ASIA is all about. From the start, we have been committed to offering low-impact tours that benefit traveler and host alike. We work with local communities, businesses and individuals to develop sustainable tourism opportunities that help local economies while minimizing negative environmental and cultural impacts.